'To fight terrorism in all its manifestations'
In 1995, the Criminal Investigation Department was formally created and it operates under the CID Manual, 1937. Starting as a small operational unit, it has now developed into a department having its regional offices all over the Punjab. On 21-07-2010, the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) was named as Counter Terrorism Department (CTD)
- Collection, collation & dissemination of information
- Sectarian activists, Militants, Terrorists & Deeni Madaris
- Afghan Trained Boys (ATBs), Returned Afghan Prisoners (RAPs)/Activists on 4th Schedule of Anti-Terrorism Act (ATA)
- Sectarian & Terrorism suspects
- Future trends on Terrorism
Source: SSP/Research & Analysis, CTD, Punjab